Cisco Unified Communications Disaster Recovery Framework Command Execution
Security BypassSystem access
From local network
Software:Cisco Emergency Responder 2.xCisco Unified Communications Manager 5.xCisco Unified Communications Manager 6.xCisco Unified Presence 6.xCVE reference:CVE-2008-1154 (Secunia mirror) Description:A vulnerability has been reported in various
Cisco products, which can be exploited by malicious people to
compromise a vulnerable system.
The vulnerability is caused due to the Disaster Recovery Framework
(DRF) Master not performing authentication on requests received over
the network. This can be exploited to perform any DRF-related tasks via
the DRF Master service (port 4040/TCP).
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary commands.
The vulnerability affects the following products and versions:
* Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 5.x and 6.x
* Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition
* Cisco Unified Precense 1.x and 6.x
* Cisco Emergency Responder 2.x
* Cisco Mobility Manager 2.xSolution:The vendor has issued updates (please see the vendor"s advisory for details).Provided and/or discovered by:The vendor credits VoIPshield Systems.Original Advisory:http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20080403-drf.shtml